Home Health Care Eligibility
General Eligibility Guidelines
One must satisfy the criteria developed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services, as listed below, in order to be eligible for home care:
- Patient is homebound per the advice of the physician.
- Patient is cared for by a physician and receives services reviewed by a doctor on a regular basis.
- The Home Health Care agency must be Medicare-certified.
- Patient’s physician should certify the patient’s need for any of the following, but not limited to: Intermittent skilled nursing care, physical therapy, speech-language pathology services, and continued occupational therapy.
- A physician or a healthcare professional that works with the doctor must document a face-to-face encounter within a specified time and the encounter must be related to the patient’s need for home health care.